Move through Fantasy and Reality while watching Asian Drama!
Description: When Gong Chan (Lee Dong Wook) meets the lively and beautiful Yoo Rin (Lee Da Hae), he finds out that she has connections to his missing cousin, whom his grandfather has been searching for. He asks Yoo Rin to lie about being his long missing cousin until he can find his real cousin. She says yes, but soon their feelings for each other get in the way of their plans. Gong Chan's friend, Jung Woo (Lee Joon Ki) falls for Yoo Rin while Gong Chan's ex-girlfriend, Seo Hyun (Park Si Yeon), a pro tennis player, tries to win him back. Will the two ever tell each other how they feel? Will Gong Chan ever find his real cousin?
You. Need. To. Watch. This. (!!!)
When I think of My Girl, that is the word that comes to mind. Why?
1. Lee Da Hae. I love her (actually, this drama has made me love her) and her character. Yoo Rin is my FAVORITE drama character of all time (in the girl category anyway). I have this thing about the girl characters in these romantic-comedy dramas…they’re always SO DUMB! And yet everyone seems to like them…and I have no idea why. (Yes, I might be a bit too harsh here, and yes I still watch those shows….but that’s not the point.) Yoo Rin is smart. She’s been on the run with her father since she was young, so she has street smarts. She also knows how to deal with people, is hilarious and in general is a very strong character.
2. Lee Dong Wook. He plays Gong Chan very well. I love the relationship between Gong Chan and Yoo Rin. Due to the circumstances, the two are naturally very close, but somewhere along the way it seems like it could turn into something more. Gong Chan learns to let his guard down a little with Yoo Rin and I absolutely love the chemistry between them. But of course, they’re "cousins"...so what happens?
3. Lee Jun Ki. Didn’t know who he was til this show, and I love him. He’s friends with Gong Chan and randomly meets Yoo Rin before he knows of their relationship. He starts to develop feelings for Yoo Rin, and although I really liked Gong Chan and Yoo Rin together, I still found myself rooting for Jun Ki’s character. I was really torn about how I wanted this to end.
4. Can I add the music in here? We all know that one song from our favorite dramas that was played in those critical moments…but this drama left me remembering more than just the one dramatic song (though I still love that one too). The music was great and fit perfectly with the drama and the characters. I bought the cd and am so glad I did.
5. I guess I should add the plot. And I’m not adding it last because I thought the plot was horrible, because that is so not the case. I thought the plot was very interesting and I greatly enjoyed it. It’s last because I guess the other things I mentioned first may not normally get the attention they deserve….THE STORYLINE WAS GREAT!! =]
So yeah. Fantastic show..